Torridon children move on to a range of different secondary schools when they leave us. Some go to Lewisham secondary schools as well as Bromley, Greenwich and Southwark and other London boroughs. A small number of children also move on to selective grammar schools. You must apply to the local authority which you pay your council tax to.
Lewisham: Secondary Transfer process and all the required forms can be found on the London Borough of Lewisham website.
Each year, year 6 parents are invited to attend a meeting in school about secondary transfer. The process is explained in full and secondary school brochures are available for parents to view.
Applications for state secondary school places are made online via the eAdmissions website. For September 2023 entry applications open on 1st September 2022 and close on 31st October 2022. Full information from Lewisham can be found here:
- Results for online applications: Wednesday 1 March 2023 (you will get an email in the evening telling you where your child has been offered a place)
- If you applied by post, or if you haven’t been offered a place: we will send you the results by first class post on Wednesday 1 March 2023 (first class post does not guarantee next-day delivery)
- Deadline for accepting your offer: Wednesday 15 March 2023 (if you applied online, you must accept the offer online – you should keep a record of your login details)
- Closing date for appeals for community schools in the borough: Wednesday 29 March 2023 (admissions authorities of other schools may set the same or a later deadline)
- Appeal hearings: June/July 2023 (if you submit an appeal after 29 March 2023, it may not be heard until the start of the academic year in September 2023)
If you have any questions about the move to secondary school, please speak to a member of the leadership team (Manda, Claire, Lena or Richard) or your child’s year 6 teacher.