PE and Sports Premium
The DfE Vision for the Primary PE and Sport Premium is for ALL pupils leaving primary school to be physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and
motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy, active lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
The funding has been provided to ensure impact against the following 5 Objectives and Indicators:
1) The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – the Chief Medical Officer guidelines recommend that all children and young people aged 5 to
18 engage in at least 60 minutes of physical activity a day, of which 30 minutes should be in school.
2) The profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement
3) Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
4) Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
5) Increased participation in competitive sport
Expenditure Sports funding is allocated to schools by the government. It is for schools to decide how the Sports funding is spent.