We study P.E to develop the physical, social and emotional well-being of our children. We want all students to feel they belong as part of a team, to believe in their healthy potential and become physically, socially and emotionally as well as they can be. We provide memorable experiences and opportunities throughout a child’s Torridon Physical Education journey.
Children understand that physical fitness is an important part of leading a healthier lifestyle.
It is important to note that being active at Torridon is not just encouraged during P.E lessons and when attending competitions, but through our walk to school scheme and active lunch times. Our aim is to teach children life skills that will positively impact on their future. We aim to deliver high-quality teaching and learning opportunities that will inspire all children. We aim to teach them how to cooperate and collaborate with others, as part of a team, and by understanding fairness and equity of play, to engender life-long values.
We teach lessons so that children:
• Develop fundamental movement skills, become increasingly competent and confident and access a broad range of opportunities to extend their agility, balance and coordination, individually and with others.
• Engage in competitive (both against self and against others) and co-operative physical activities, in a range of increasingly challenging situations.
• Apply and develop a broad range of skills, learning how to use them in different ways and to link them to make actions and sequences of movement.
• Enjoy communicating, collaborating and competing with each other.
• Develop an understanding of how to improve in different physical activities and sports, and learn how to evaluate and recognise their own success.
Our children take part in the competitions that are run by Lewisham Games. We also work with PESSN partnership. Our children’s swim at Downham Leisure Centre every week in year 4.