Since the introduction of Free School Meals for Reception, Year 1 and Year 2, these children may miss out on additional funding and support. We encourage all parents and carers who are eligible to complete online Free-School-Meals if they think they may be eligible.
How might a child be eligible for FSM or Pupil Premium Funding?
A child may be eligible to receive the Pupil Premium Grant/Free School Meals if the parent receives any of the following
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
Children under the compulsory school age who are in full time education may also be able to get Pupil Premium Grant/Free School Meals.
Please call the office on 0208 697 2762 if you need assistance in completing the online application or information regarding Free School Meals.